Hello All,
In regard to the ongoing discussion about band structure, I have a query
since I am newly working in this field of computational solid state
physics.
While calculating band structure, Is it absolutely necessary that I
calculate the band structure of a unit cell and not of a supercell?
If during structural relaxation I am using a supercell, will the calculated
band structure of a supercell be the same as that of a unit cell band
structure in that case? How do I get the unit cell parameters from the
supercell relaxation output? Is there any code to extract the unit cell
data from the SIESTA output files for a supercell?

Any hints in this regard is highly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Sunetra Das
Dept. of Physics,
MMC College,