Dear Tomasz, your carbon chain presumably doesn't want to bendbecause you keep
the lattice constant (along the chain) too large, and fixed.Otherwise, if you
want help please specify your problem - what you tried and what goes wrong.<<
Problem starts when after hundred of calalculations the structer remaind the
same >>does not seem to give a clue.Otherwise,you may have a look into my
tutorial on a similar issue(an atomic - gold - chain; tendency to bend;
stability; phonons) -an explaining presentation and the work directory with
guidelines,http://www.home.uni-osnabrueck.de/apostnik/Lectures/Exercis-Phonons.pdfhttp://www.home.uni-osnabrueck.de/apostnik/Lectures/Execs_Barcelona_2017.zip
at a Siesta school in Barcelona, May 2017.Good luckAndrei-
-- prof. Andrei Postnikov -- tel. +33-372749149 ----
University of Lorraine - Laboratoire de Chimie/Physique - A2MC
ICPM, 1 Bd Arago - BP 95823, F-57078 Metz Cedex 03, France

----- Tomasz Kepczynski <kepczynskisie...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>Ive just started using Siesta and wanted to simulate something basic. My tutor
>adviced me to do for example carbon atomic chain but asked me to try simulate
>it with 2 carbon atoms in a primitive cell with one placed out of the Main
>axis So the atomic chain would be bend/ VVV shaped. Problem starts when after
>hundred of calalculations the structer remaind the same and creats carbon
>"dimers" at best Hope you can help me start my adventure with Siesta

Responder a