The indices in the EIG file does _not_ correspond to the indices in the
wavefunctions (only for spin-up).

The indices are as follows (lets say 10 eigenvalues per spin, 20 in total):

siesta.K1.WF1.UP.* are the first spin-up wavefunction (EIG index 1)
siesta.K1.WF1.DOWN.* are the first spin-down wavefunction (EIG index 11)
siesta.K1.WF2.UP.* are the second spin-up wavefunction (EIG index 2)
siesta.K1.WF2.DOWN.* are the second spin-down wavefunction (EIG index 12)

and so on.
I hope this clarifies the indexing issue.

Currently siesta/denchar enables writing non-existing indices (as you
note), they are however meaningless. We have already applied a patch which
will be effective in the coming 4.0.2 release.

--
Kind regards Nick

Responder a