Dear Meena,

A quick way to check this is to build your output as 2x2x2. This will
give you an idea if any atom is closer to the periodically repeating
image of the system.

The first introduction of DFT+U appears as LDA+U, therefore. If you are
using GGA with U then it is GGA+U. Of course, you can use. If you need
LDA flavor, then you can LDA PPs.

I hope it helps.

Best,

Links: