Dear Igor,

your phonons at Gamma are sane (you may check the frequencies,
but otherwise they seem OK). This hints that a priori there is no problem
with the equilibrium geometry.

Now, you run a single cell
> SuperCell_1          0
> SuperCell_2          0
> SuperCell_3          0
so I don't understand how you expect to get phonon dispersions from this.

> (a supercell would otherwise do band folding and band structure would
> have proportionally more bands).
- right, this is how it is supposed to be. In "SIESTA way" you get force
constants
from supercell calculation, and then VIBRA Fourier transforms them and
helps you to trace the phonon branches as if in a single cell.
Note that the supercell size is the user's responsibility,
and nothing will automatically prevent you from using a too small one...

If in doubt (and in order to test things), try to make a doubled cell
and calculate "exactly" a zone-boundary phonon...

Best regards

Andrei

-- prof. Andrei Postnikov -- tel. +33-372749149 --
University of Lorraine - Laboratoire de Chimie/Physique - A2MC
ICPM, 1 Bd Arago - BP 95823, F-57078 Metz Cedex 03, France

--
SIESTA is supported by the Spanish Research Agency (AEI) and by the European
H2020 MaX Centre of Excellence (http://www.max-centre.eu/)

Responder a