Dear  Soumyajyoti,the easiest approximation to what you probably want
(especially as you mentionempty spheres) might be to use ghost atoms, see the
end of the description ofPAO.Basis block in the manual. Notably the atom number
-100 is supposed to add the basis of spherical Bessel functionsto whenever you
place your ghost atom, – or, you assign another negative numberand tune the
basis using all the usual tricks. Then you just look at the PDOSat these ghost
atoms. (I never tried this, through).Otherwise I'd suggest that you calculate
LDOS over a sequence of energy intervalsand then integrate each LDOS over
spacial region you are interested in (a thin layer at some height above the
surface, in your case).The integrated values, placed along the energy axis,
will then give you a kind of histogram....Best regardsAndrei Postnikov

--
SIESTA is supported by the Spanish Research Agency (AEI) and by the European
H2020 MaX Centre of Excellence (http://www.max-centre.eu/)

Responder a