Hello SIESTA users,
Has anyone built a Linux distro that comes with ALL the libraries and packages
that SIESTA needs? I have very limited time to spend on an installation, and I
am not very good with operating systems.
---------details follow if you are inclined to answer------- Thank you, Derrick
I have previously used SIESTA but due to a hard drive failure I had to
reinstall my Linux and SIESTA. I've tried Centos and SuSe recently but keep
finding that linking to libraries, math packages, etc. is the problem. I may
have the packages but they are not linked in the SIESTA-expected places.

I have an older 4-core processor machine with 48Gb RAM but have no proprietary
software; I would use all GPL software; gcc, gnu fortran, etc. I'd like to run
parallel, but can use a single processor if I must.

Any help is appreciated.

Derrick E. Boucher, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Physics and Physics Coordinator
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd. South
Fort Myers, FL 33965
U.S.A.
Phone: (239) 590-7170
[Eagle]
Florida has a very broad public records law.  As a result, any written
communication created or received by Florida Gulf Coast University employees is
subject to disclosure to the public and the media, upon request, unless
otherwise exempt.  Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records.  If
you do not want your email address released in response to a public records
request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.  Instead, contact this
office by phone or in writing.
--
SIESTA is supported by the Spanish Research Agency (AEI) and by the European
H2020 MaX Centre of Excellence (http://www.max-centre.eu/)

Responder a