Hi,

I think that the coordinates "xa" can only be used as an input. In this
constr.f routine you can only change the values of the forces and stresses of the system,
as they are the only outputs coming from this routine. I guess that you are also
including the section:

%block GeometryConstraints

routine constr

%endblock GeometryConstraints

In your input "*.fdf" file. To constrain for example the movement of the "5"
first atoms of the system I suggest to use this kind of code:

n=5

do i = 1, n

   fa ( 1 , i ) = 0.d0

   fa ( 2 , i ) = 0.d0