Greetings Directors:

Thank you for providing us with your Pre-Event Survey responses for next
month's SIG/SPDG Regional Meetings. Based on your input, we have a set
of issues to address for the open space sessions and we know the
preferred topics to cover for the Director's Presentation/Discussion
session.  The top two topics selected by respondents for each region are
listed below:

Sustainable Practices

Scale-up Practices

Now that we have the content areas, we need two participating SPDG
Directors to volunteer and present on one of the hot topics for each
site. Similar to last year, each presenter will provide a 20 minute
presentation followed by a large group discussion facilitated by Larry.
Presenters will be asked to describe their SPDG initiative. For the
sustainable practices topic, presenters are to discuss the purposeful
activities they have conducted to ensure practices are sustainable. And
for the scaling-up presentations, presenters are to describe how they
are implementing their SPDG initiatives from initial pilot stages to
scaling up, including parent involvement.

Those of you, who are interested in presenting, please reply back to
Audrey by October 24, [EMAIL PROTECTED] To assist presenters in
structuring their presentations, Larry and I we will schedule a
pre-event meeting to provide guidelines to the group. The dates we are
considering are November 3 or 4.

We are happy to report that registration numbers are similar to last
year and there's still time to register. The deadline is October 30. To
register go to: http://www.signetwork.org/ <http://www.signetwork.org/>
.

Information on hotel reservations is also found at the above link.
Please note that deadlines for reserving guest rooms are fast
approaching - DC (Oct. 23), KC (Oct. 24)). For the Scottsdale meeting
attendees who have not reserved rooms, please contact Linda Lynch at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  as soon as possible.

Audrey

Audrey Desjarlais

SIGnetwork

Technical Assistance and Consulting Services

1268 University of Oregon

Eugene, OR 97403

541.346.0373 direct

541.346.0322 fax