From: taa...@googlegroups.com [mailto:taa...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Michele Rovins
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 7:51 AM
To: taa...@googlegroups.com
Subject: From the Dropout Prevention Center . . .

The National Dropout Prevention Center for Students with Disabilities
would like to invite applications for States to work intensively with
our Center. We hope that this second Request for Applications will
accommodate those States that expressed a desire to work with NDPC-SD
when we released the first RFA, but were unable to do so because to
their particular circumstances at that time.

Please see the attached four documents and note that applications are
due on June 30, 2011. We look forward to receiving your applications. We
hope you will not hesitate to contact Sandra Covington-Smith at
sand...@clemson.edu or 864-656-1817 if you have questions.

2nd Announcement

The following email is sent on behalf of the Center for Technology
Implementation -

The U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs,
funds the Center for Technology Implementation's PowerUp What
Works-Reading initiative.  This online resource is designed to improve
teaching and learning for students with disabilities and their
classmates using evidence-based and technology-enhanced practices.

District and school partners are needed to field test PowerUp What
Works-Reading in elementary schools.  Selected partner schools will
receive ongoing support throughout the technology implementation process
along with a financial award.

If your school would like to become a field test partner, please
complete and submit the attached application by July 8, 2011.  The
application and additional information about PowerUp What Works-Reading
can be found at www.PowerUpWhatWorks.org
<http://www.powerupwhatworks.org/> .  If you have any questions, contact
Cynthia Overton at c...@air.org or 202-403-5058.