Hi,

We'd like to write an extension that, among other things, modifies common
Sikuli actions (e.g., click, wait, any Image Search).  As a few examples,
  - on type(image, 'txt'), we'd like to insert a delay between the click(image)
and the type('txt') actions.
  - on any image search during a script, take a screenshot of the desktop and
save it somewhere.
  - insert different logging statements (e.g., "Click foo.png" instead of
"Click (100, 200)").

One possibility is to create an extension with the same interface as Sikuli and
make people replace all their Sikuli calls with ours, e.g.,:
  Sikuli.click(image)
becomes
  our_extension.click(image).

What I'd like even more though, would be if people using our extension didn't
have to modify their test code (much) in order to benefit from our
modifications to these functions.  Ideally all they'd have to do is something
like "our_extension.initialize()", and this would either replace
"Sikuli.click()" with our version, or maybe our extension registers handlers
like "beforeSikuliClick(<our_extension.some_method>);" so that Sikuli knows to
call some_method before it performs a click.

We found out that that's possible (replacing sikuli.Sikuli.click with our
extension.click) to do through python, since you can just manually edit the
modules you import, but haven't figured it out in Java.  But before we try too
hard on that route...

The question(s):
  1) Is there any support for doing these kinds of things already?
  2) Any support planned?
  3) If no to 1 and 2, but you think this might be useful, we might try to make
these modifications ourselves and push them upstream.  In which case, maybe we
can chat offline.

Thanks!