eliteSKL gave more information on the question:
no i have not tried using Jython 2.5.2. i will look into trying it
later. i want to first make sure that the problem is not me.

okay so my instance variables are immutable types (int's and strings).
so when ever my instance variables are resigned that leaves objects out
in memory. Python is suppose to reclaim those objects right away. so how
does java handle garbage?

should i change all my instance variables to mutable types? example hold
all instance variables in a list?

if it is an instance variable is assigned inside of a instance method
would mean that all instances of the same variable have the same
reverence correct?

and then the old object that was referenced should be reclaimed correct?
or do i have to call del <refference>? or del <object>?

class foo():
      def __init__(self):
            self.imagescore=None

      def check_for_image(self):
            self.imagescore=region.exists(img).getScore()

      def paste_the_score(self):
             region.click()
             paste(self.imagescore)

      def main(self):
              while True:
                        self.check_for_image()
                        self.paste_the_score()
if __name__=='__main__':
       bar=foo()
       bar.main()

above pseudo code is basically what i'm doing. so if it running all day and all
night and i'm re-assigning the instance variables am i creating objects that
are not getting released?