Harry Readinger gave more information on the question:
Big Update:  This may be a separate issue, but now i can no longer
launch the sikuli IDE at all.  Here is what I did since posting

1) Restarted my computer
    After this step, I was not able to launch the IDE.  It would start a 32 bit
javaw process, but would not actually draw any window.

2) reinstall Sikuli
    No Change

3) uninstall all versions of JRE and JDK and SIkuli

4) reinstall 32 bit JRE/JDK 6

5) Reinstall Sikuli

Now I am getting an error saying "Unable to access jarfile C:\Program
Files (x86)\Sikuli X\sikuli-ide.jar"

Not quite sure what the issue is now, the libraries still work fine with
eclipse, so it seems to be a problem specifically with the IDE
executable (possibly)