scott is still having a problem:
Hi RaiMan,

The result i recived from the message console from Sikuli was different from
what i got in the log file when i tried your method.
First off, here is my code:

App.open(r'notepad')
if(exists("nonExist.png")):
    print "It passed"
else:
    print "It failed"
App.close('notepad')

The image i used was something that won't show up on the screen, so this test
was set to fail.
If i run this via Sikuli editor, i get something like this:

[log] App.open notepad(3556)

It failed

But, if I run the script in the Dos command:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sikuli X\Sikuli-IDE.bat" -r
C:\workspace\sikuli\notepad.sikuli>c:\workspace\result2.txt

I get the follwing in the result2.txt log file:

[info] Sikuli vision engine loaded.
[info] Windows utilities loaded.
[info] VDictProxy loaded.
[log] App.open notepad(3552)
It passed

I made sure the file is saved before I run it. Any idea?