dinev gave more information on the question:
1. AUT = Application Under Tests

2. The AUT never should cause sikuli to hang.  That is the whole point
of this post. For sure i reproduced problem against Desktop WPF
application and against Crome browser. So I believe AUT is not the
reason for the hang. As far I know sikuly just click on some coordinates
and doesn't care about application itself(In contrast to Selenium or
QTP,Autoit tools)

3. I really do not know how sikuli executes the click, type or wait
commands. I just noticed the regression from r3 to 1.0. I believe it is
the click that hangs.

I will continue to monitor my tests for such problems and will report
them back