First of all, Raimund, thank you for the great product.

Now, this is my question.

I was trying to run the same Sikuli tests with the same application on
different Linux machines, and they failed too often, because fonts, used in
menus of tested aplications, were different. It was quite tricky to set the
same fonts on the machines, because in different Linux there are different
ways, and I couldn't make a common script to do it automatically.
Usage of OCR is too slow and buggy, every third menu item is not recognized,
and small fonts are not recognized at all.

Therefore I started trying to write a function to generate on-the-fly little
png images containing known text with known font, in order to use them  like
click(text2img(text,font, background, foreground))  . I expected that such
images would be found more quickly and reliably, not needing OCR, and it would
be possible to configure the font only once at the beginning of the test run.

But...

- PIL python image library refuses to be installed on my machine with Sikuli,
because it doesn't recognize Jython as Python, it just interrupts the
installation;

- When I put ImageJ on the machine tried, like here
http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/plugins/jython/ (tried on Windows) ,
          sys.path.append("d:/ImageJ/")
          from ij import IJ
Then Sikuli writes: [error] ImportError ( No module named ij )

Now I was forced to come to an idea to write an independent exe with OpenCV,
returning such images, but I still feel that I missed some simpler way.

Dear colleagues, could you please help: is there a simple way to make images
from a text and a font with existing configuration of Sikuli?

Thank you in advance!