Summary changed to:
[HowTo] Linux: Running sikuli while using screen, mouse and keyboard --- use
Xephyr

Description changed to:
---------- a possible solution --------------- (from comment #3)

Follow two references about how to do it using xephyr, opening a remote
X session to your own computer inside a window using SSH or XDMCP. Then
you can run Sikuli there and left the window as it was a virtual
machine.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/xephyr.html
http://jeffskinnerbox.me/posts/2014/Apr/29/howto-using-xephyr-to-create-a-new-display-in-a-window/

This is not exactly a question specific to Sikuli. I use it in a lot of
tasks to integrate information between programs, to not need to type
again and again. I was thinking if someone here use Sikuli in a way
thats possible to still work with it running. I know I can run Sikuli
inside a virtual machine and it will not interfere in my host system,
but I was trying to run it in my own system and be able to other things
when it is running. I use Linux Mint 17.1 with Cinnamon 64 bits.

Tried to run it inside another session and it stop working when I
alternate between my open sessions. Tried to execute it inside xnest or
xephyr but was not able to isolate completely a cinnamon session inside
it.

Maybe the majority of users here use it on Windows and this is kind of a
specific question to Linux.
Someone here have any suggestion how this could be done?