RaiMan proposed the following answer:
It is really hard to understand your questions, since things you are
saying are not fitting together:

-- My question is for a command line window

-- If I issue a command: result = run("someCommand parm1 parm2")

the run() feature has nothing to do with a command window.
You use the run() internally in a script, to create a subprocess, that runs the
given command and returns the output of stdout and eventually stderror
textually with the return value (in this case it is available in the variable
result)

example

# test.sikuli
result = run("dir")