RaiMan proposed the following answer:
With what version of Sikuli are you playing around?

For a newbe you selected a problem situation, that needs some scripting skills
and experience.
I doubt, that you find any helpful example about that in the net.

Looks like some game situation, you want to tackle ??

--- setting up regions
most people have a rather fixed setup of their playground and hence can live
with some absolute region definitions.

I myself always do and recommend to do that: define there regions relative with
respect to something, that was already found (logos, headers, fixed visuals,
window frame, ...).
there are many features to support this relative definition of regions.
the docs tell more about that:
http://sikulix-2014.readthedocs.org/en/latest/region.html

--- if it sees even a part of the image, it continues.
the magic with Sikuli is based on 2 principles:
- define and use a suitable search region
- have optimal screenshots, that reliably allow, to distiguish good matches
from unwanted matches (false positives)

To tell you more about possible approaches in your case:
Either setup some screenshots in the net or send me the stuff zipped together
to my mail at https://launchpad.net/~raimund-hocke (top left)

I am always interested in such more tricky situations.