I just tried to reproduce the problem: no success (at least on Mac).

The error message looks like some NPE (null pointer exception).

Could you start the IDE from command line using:
java -jar <path-to>sikulix.jar -d 3 -c

and try to reproduce.

either paste the debug output here or send it to my mail at
https://launchpad.net/~raimund-hocke (top left)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Sikuli
Drivers, which is subscribed to Sikuli.

Title:
  [1.1.0] IDE: Error when saving script containing a comment block

Status in Sikuli:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Often, when I comment out large portions of my script using a comment
  block ("""), I'll receive an error when I save the file.

    "[error] IDE: Problem when trying to invoke menu action doSave
  Error: null"

  This doesn't happen every time, but most of the time. The file still
  shows in unsaved mode (with the * in the tab) but the changes are
  saved. When I close/reopen the file, the script runs as expected.

  This has happened through 1.1.0, but I was just able to track it down.
  I'm not sure if it happened in 1.0.1.