RaiMan proposed the following answer:
In Sikuli scripts we use the Python LANGUAGE, but not the Python eco-
system (usually called C-Python).

Sikuli is Java based and we therefor use the Jython interpreter.

With Jython you only can use Python modules completely written in Python
or the equivalent modules ported to Java, so they can be used with
Jython. If a Python module is C-based (usually written in C++) or
depends on C-based stuff (like the Win32.dll) it cannot be used with
Jython and hence not with Sikuli.