aidma posted a new comment:
Oops, I meant translate, not transpose.

When I was using a Windows 7 computer with multi-monitor setup
Region.highlight() would  shift the highlighted region downwards and to
the right.  (so the overlay was drawn a few pixels off center).  It
would also happen to the entire screen when clicking 'Take Screenshot'
from wihin the IDE.

Now I'm using a Windows 8 computer with a single monitor and the shift
is gone...

Maybe somehow the multiple monitors were causing the issue? I'll be able
to investigate more on Monday.