aidma posted a new comment:
Oh...

Shoot.

My understanding of how Sikuli works has been radically changed.

I thought that the undotted functions were special class methods. For
example, I though that setAutoWaitTimeout() was setting "timeout" class
property of all regions, except for ones where it had been overwritten
by a dotted Region.setAutoWaitTimeout(). And I thought an undotted click
did something like "create a temporary region object with all the
default class values, and then preform a click, and then dispose of the
temp object"... But that's not how anything works. Instead some black
magic was causing undotted methods to act on objects that had been
hidden from me.

I understand everything a bit better now.