@RaiMan

Thank you for responding.

When I use onAppear(image, handler) the handler is then called and
operates. The last line inside the handler is repeat(), but this does
not remedy the problem as expected.

I have a while loop operating, but observe() and onAppear(), including
the handlers I use within onAppear() are all defined and activated above
the loop.

Therefore, there is no logical continuity within which I can place
repeat() 'after return from handler', I can only place it within the
handler code because the last line as onAppear() is not inside the loop.

Am I misunderstanding your advice?

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Sikuli
Drivers, which is subscribed to Sikuli.

Title:
  [1.0.1] OnAppear()/observe() only works the first time for one image
  in same region

Status in Sikuli:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  --- fixed with 1.1.0

  see the docs:

http://sikulix-2014.readthedocs.org/en/latest/region.html#observing-visual-events-in-a-region

  for how to repeat onAppear()/onVanish() in the same observe run

  my purpose is to deal w/ 1 button which will appear several times in a
game(actually it is the angrybird game) ,then  i used the onappear()/observe()
but ir can just deal w/ the 1 time the button shows ,following shows can not be
deal ,below is my test code ,
  what i think is that  it can deal each time when button shows until the
script end.

  below is my test code  :
   def myHandler(event):
      click("1373853815762.png")
      wait(5)
  Settings.ObserveScanRate=1
  onAppear(("1373853815762.png"),myHandler)
  observe(FOREVER,background = True)
  for i in range(1,5000):
      print "testing....."
      wait(5)