Eugene S requested more information:
hmm, that's strange.
I can't even force myself to get this error. In my case, even if I deliberately
use image with incorrect path I get the following error:

[error] Image: Image not valid, but TextSearch is switched off!

and not the one you are getting.

I tried to look at the Sikuli code and it looks like that error is comes
from Finder.setTargetSmartly() method which is not even called in my
case.

Maybe some versions differences? What version are you using?