Hi, Any news on this?

My use case actually requires masking out areas inside the image...

One of the tasks I need to perform is to verify that the screenshots
taken of a product for training do not need updating when the version
changes. So, assume I have a dialog box which has some (pre-filled)
information in it. The information is irrelevant to the training guide,
but the overall look of the dialog is what we need to show. If I have a
png created of the box, but with all the fields replaced by transparent
areas, then I should be able to use Sikuli to search for it and have it
find the box, even if the data is different.

In this way, I'm able to verify that the dialog box hasn't had extra
fields added, or controls moved around etc.

For my purposes, speed is not a major issue (I know you mentioned
elsewhere that ignoring transparencies would be slow.)

Thank you!

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Sikuli
Drivers, which is subscribed to Sikuli.

Title:
  [request] Transparent pixels should be ignored in matching process

Status in Sikuli:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  OpenCV 3+ now seems to have a matchTemplate() with a masking feature.
  To be tested as candidate for an implementation in version 2.

  I'm using Sikuli 0.10.2 on a 32-bit Windows XP system. I just noticed
  that if you are using a png file, containing transparent pixels as a
  pattern for image recognition, these pixels are not skipped during the
  matching process, thus resulting in a wrong match if you have some
  kind of background under the transparent part of the image. I think
  this behavior is incorrect - and Sikuli could be even more powerful if
  able to skip some pixels from the pattern.