Manfred Hampl proposed the following answer:
I do not have the program that you want to control, so I cannot really tell why
your script is not doing what you expect.
You have to do some debugging yourself, and eventually do some further fine
tuning.

Some ideas:
Check whether only player1 image is found or only player2 image or both

Maybe you have to increase the minimum similarity before the "playerX =
endregion.exists(...)" statements by insering a
Settings.MinSimilarity = 0.8 #(or any other suitable value)
line.

is an answer contact for Sikuli.