Melvin Raymond confirmed that the question is solved:
OK, I got my app to launch, so looks like that works Railman. For those
interested in being able to get a jump start on invoking an app on
Mojave using the Robot Framework inside SikuliX, I've included the code
here. This shows an inline class app Keyword. Note also that here I have
substituted "@" symbols where there are spaces. I used 2 TABS in those
areas so I could better see where the "columns" are located.
Theoretically you should be able to copy and paste to SikuliX and then
remove those "@" symbols and replace with a couple TABS. You would also
want to replace the variable ${TESTAPP} with the path to the Application
you want to invoke on the Mac Mojave.

runScript("""
robot
*** Variables ***
${TESTAPP}@@@@@@@@ "/Applications/Viewer.app""
*** Settings ***
Library@@@@@@@@./inline/AppLibrary
*** Test Cases ***
Test Setup@@@@@@@@ start my application@@@@@@@@${TESTAPP}

""")

class AppLibrary(object):
  def start_my_application(self, myApp):
    someApp = App.open(myApp)

Once again, thank you very much for your help with this Railman. Took me a bit
to get this off the ground, but I learned a lot.

~ Mel

is an answer contact for Sikuli.