I have a situation where I need to highlight various regions. Sometimes more
than one should be highlighted at the same time,  depending on the content of
the screen, and I cannot know in advance which regions will be highlighted and
for how long they should remain highlighted. As the script needs to continue, I
must start the highlighting without a time parameter.

The problem here is to stop the highlighting. I cannot just highlight the
region again without a time parameter, because if it is not highlighted, I will
get highlighted. I tried to highlight it for a specific time, but that does not
cancel the highlighting that was started without a time parameter.

I could of course track all started highlighting, and then cancel exactly the
highlightings that are active. I wonder whether there might exist a (probably
not documented) command that cancels the highlighting of a region, if it is on,
but does not start it? Or a command to cancel all active highlightings?

Thank you.

is an answer contact for Sikuli.