sorry for the delay.

The reason behind:
Per definition (see docs of findAll()), the returned Iterator does only step to
the next iteration, if the current is consumed (done by using it.next()).

This means you implementation with only using hasNext() is an endless
loop by default.

Conclusion: It is not possible to count the matches of findAll() without
consuming the matches.
So if you need the matches later, you have to store them whicle counting.

There is convenience feature findAllList(), that returns a List<Match>, which
is empty on no success.
see docs:
https://sikulix-2014.readthedocs.io/en/latest/region.html#Region.findAll

** Summary changed:

- Sikuli Java App completely frozen with findAll
+ findAll: endless loop when only using hasNext() - matches have to be consumed
with next()

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Sikuli
Drivers, which is subscribed to Sikuli.

Title:
  findAll: endless loop when only using hasNext() - matches have to be
  consumed with next()

Status in Sikuli:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Hi RaiMan

  I have a simple Java method witch will reproduce a extrem critical
  problem. I can run the following method between 1-3 mins, but always
  after a unspecific timespan my complete java app is frozen/hanging (no
  exception, no further log, no stacktrace). The last log lines before
  the error occurs are:

  [debug] RobotDesktop: captureScreen: [1213,115, 150x400]
  [840595 debug] Finder2: makeMat: INT_RGB (150x400)
  [840595 debug] Finder2: doFind: start
  [840600 debug] Finder2: doFind: in original: %99,9901 (?90) 5 msec
  [840602 debug] Finder2: doFind: end 7 msec
  [840602 debug] Region: findAll: BuildQueueEntry.png has appeared

  It seems that the appearing of my image on the screen causes this
  critical bug. After this event the java app hanging for ever

  // The intention of this method is to count the occurence of my image
  private static int getBuildQueueSize(DSOServices dsoService) {
    dsoService.switchToBrowser();
    int counter = 0;
    Region searchRegion = Region.create(1213, 115, 150, 400);
    Iterator<Match> it = null;
    while (true) {
      try {
          it =
searchRegion.findAll(pattern("BuildQueueEntry.png").similar(0.90f));
          while (it.hasNext()) {
              counter++;
          }
      } catch (FindFailed findFailed) {
          findFailed.printStackTrace();
      }
    }
  }

  OS: Win10
  Java: 1.8.0_181
  Sikuli: 1.1.4-SNAPSHOT
  IDE: Intellij Idea
  Window Commandline Execution

  I hope you can help me with a Fix or Workaround!
  Joe