New question #699020 on SikuliX:

Hi Everyone,

I’ve previously been tinkering with SikuliX 1.1.3 and wrote a few basic scripts
and now trying version 2.05. I'm not a developer/programmer by any description
and my knowledge is limited so please forgive me if these questions below seem
a bit simple and newbie'ish.

I wanted to use 2.05 because of the ability to run the script from a particular
line, which would speed up my troubleshooting and script design immensely and
able me to make progress a lot quicker.

But, when using 2.05 I’ve hit issues straight away before I've even had much
chance to get underway.

None of the scripts I’ve previously wrote in 1.3 seem to work in 2.05. I get a
few errors when Sikuli tries to find images that are found in the earlier
version.

For example, a simple script such as:

find(1534932000076.png)
click(getLastMatch())
find(image2)
click(getLastMatch())

Will fail with the following error:

[error] ImagePath: find: not there: 1534932000076.png
[error] script [ sikulitemp-5934102712038413849 ] stopped with error in line 1
[error] FindFailed ( 1534932000076.png: (0x0) in R[0,0 1440x900]@S(0) )
[error] --- Traceback --- error source first
line: module ( function ) statement
1: main (  <module> )     find("1534932000076.png")
[error] --- Traceback --- end --------------

But if I re-capture the same image again in Sikuli 2.05 if finds it OK.

Previously I could get away with selecting one image after the next such as
clicking on a dropdown menu image, and then selecting one of the options. Now
in Sikuli 2.05 I have to put in a wait command after each image I’ve picked.

So, the above previous script will now be:-

find(1534932000076.png)
click(getLastMatch())
wait(1)
find(image2)
click(getLastMatch())
wait(1)

Also, when using the IDE if I try and copy ‘code’ from an old 1.3 script to a
new blank script (or a newly created 2.05) one I get the following error:
[error] EditorPane: MyTransferHandler: importData: Problem pasting text
Null
I can cut and paste, code/images from scripts created in 2.05 to other scripts
but nothing can be copied from my previous 1.1.3 scripts.

So, on the face of it, it looks like I have to go through manually re-typing
all my scripts and re-capturing every image to be able to work with 2.05.

Any help, advice or criticism would be greatly appreciated, to get me up and
running.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

is an answer contact for SikuliX.