Dude... awesome!

Because:

1. Python/Django is awesome++
2. Hacker News is the bible.
3. I was in the same boat - worked for a high flying Big 4 audit firm
where everyone was great, but there was no fundamental investment in
keeping the team technically challenged and continuously learning.
4. Moved to a smaller firm to be technically challenged and learn
something new - but found that it wasn't going to be what I'd hoped.
Small == great flexibility, but... you do all the work and its tough
to motivate yourself to code when you get home at 11pm all the time.
5. Frustrated that my potential was not fully used because people kept
telling me that I was too young to take on 'real' responsibilities
(what ever those are).

So...

... I quit full time work; to work on my own start up and see how far
it goes. If it fails, then... pfft. oh well. The worst off I could be
is that I get more coding experience.

You don't want to be a wannapreneur!!! If you think of something
awesome and you are an elite coder - just code away and release to the
wild - I'm sure everyone on this list will tell you to "Just do it!" *

Or in Paul Graham speak "Make something people want".

Peace,
sHz

P.S. Checked out the site, its NICE! Especially liked the feedback
feature :-)

* Trademark of the Nike Corporation.