Ladies and gents,

This is a fairly busy list serv. But with all the talk, there have
been two ideas I proposed but haven't seen through.

1) The silicon beach database: a decentralised way to query what
expertise we have in Australia.
2) The silicon beach book: a collaboratively written book on something
useful

I had actually planned on using the next Sydney start-up camp to build
the siliconbeach database. But the I came up with that book idea and
said lets do it as the start-up camp.

So whilst the book idea is fun, I am going to propose we build the
database this weekend. Combining it with Geoff's CRM software makes it
all the more powerful, as a recent thread just proved to me this is a
Good Thing for us.

For those holding out on the book - sorry but go ahead if you want -
I'll join in on another book. But I think this database idea could be
a lot more useful if built first. It might even help writting a book
one day :)

As this is a special kind of project, going to preannounce it and see
if we can gather team across Australia to build it. Refer to the
original discussions for context:
http://groups.google.com/group/silicon-beach-australia/browse_frm/thread/4453a546137df6bf/e1264db5bd962394?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=DATABASE#e1264db5bd962394

If we can get come solid team working on it, then let's go ahead and
build it! It achieves the same purpose of startup camp (new
experiences, new skills, collaboration with new people), but instead,
we are actually creating something to benefit the community.

Add you name here: http://twtvite.com/ick9m3. If don't have Twitter,
just post here.