Hi Richard

CleanTech sounds great. I'll be at the launch.

Have you seen the Smart2020 report "Enabling the low carbon economy in
the information age" by the Climate Group? Well worth a read -
http://www.smart2020.org/

As for governments giving away money for software development....my
experience with the Comm Gov has been the following - AusIndustry have
consistently discouraged me from pursuing my research and from
applying for an R&D grant (do they know something about my particular
area of research that I don't know? It's possible, but I doubt it). In
the Climate Ready scheme they automatically put applications for
software down near the bottom of the pile. With a 10% success rate the
chances of a small company getting an application for software through
is very small. While it's true that governments are giving away lots
of money (any number with a 'billion' after it is a lot) when the
details are investigated and the application process is carried out it
turns out that for small companies developing cleantech software there
is very little money. I hope the CleanTech Sydney industry cluster can
prove me wrong.

Malcolm Lambert