From: silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com
[mailto:silicon-beach-austra...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Ryan Cross
Sent: Monday, 10 August 2009 9:56 AM
To: silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com
Subject: [SiliconBeach] Re: low cost CRM/ Sales mgmt system

Hey Mike,

I'm biased, but I would definitely check out OpenOnDemand - its based on vTiger
CRM and provides really good value I think. There was even an open source
iPhone app for it released for beta about a week ago.

There are plenty of other open source CRM's that you can use and host yourself,
but you'll need to install them yourself which can be varying levels of pain.

In regards to other "Social" CRM's - highrise is the only one that I can think
of in this category, or maybe CiviCRM which is focused on NPO's instead of the
traditional sales focus. I think highrise for most businesses is going to be
nice to get started if you're unfamiliar with CRM, but will very quickly have
difficulty scaling with your business. Plus, the vendor lock-in is very strong
there - which is one of the reasons we decided that OpenOnDemand would make
both painless to get in AND get out. Each customer has a private database on
our system and this makes it much easier to control your own destiny we think.

@Tyrone - fwiw - basically OpenOnDemand takes vTiger and turns it into a
cloudbased CRM. Demo is online, and only $10 for the first 3 months.

Happy to get feedback from everyone, both in features and pricing. Also, we're
keen to work with people directly in this early stage so we can improve the
whole experience.

Thanks,
Ryan

P.S. Also, definitely look at Geoff's CRM from Hiive Systems - great company
and i'm confident he can also deliver quality for you.

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Tyrone Castillo