I've always found the principles in the book "Made to stick: Why some
ideas survive and others die..." (www.madetostick.com) useful in
naming and branding. For instance concentrating on concrete rather
than abstract ideas or terms. and/or emotive terms.

but don't take pretaweb.com as a good example :) That was named way
before I read that book.