I don't disagree with any comments gone before but why don't you go for a
convertible note that becomes an X% discount off series A?
At that stage the value is slightly less subjective because its gone from
idea to substance (even if its raw).

So that comes back to the question, what is X? I'd argue it doesn't matter,
because either the Series A valuation makes you happy or the deal/idea is
dead. Your SeriesA investors are incented to ensure you are happy. That
means the % are way less speculative than the stage you are at now.

I read somewhere this morning that ideas should be "free" and I think most
founders would agree that the idea is worth less <1% unless its got some
seriously IP backing it.

Do some reading on various investments terms (the internet is awash with
such FAQs). A lot of suburban lawyers arn't really going to have a lot of
experience with startups so do your homework first and save your money - but
you should always consider getting competent advice once you head toward a
binding deal.

d.