Hi All,

Quick introduction: my name's Rebecca Paget and I was introduced to the
group by Eduardo Chavez - thanks Eduardo!

I'm not a "techie", but love the passion of the entrepreneurship scene, and
web-based business is an area which appears more accessable to me. My
educational background is in Food Science, and I'm known as a "foodie"
(great industry, but need to learn more through experience before I feel
comfortable to make my own business within it)

I've recently met Jonathan Conway who has the web skills (yay!), and who
posted recently about us needing legal advice about property sub-leasing.
Still looking for that by the way....

A lot of Casey's thoughts resonated with me - and I think we can all agree
that Casey has found her calling! How long does it take before we work out
what we want to do? Are there methods for finding out early?

In my own opinion of primary and secondary education - career choice is not
really emphasised, it's more about feeding facts and learning stuff (like
math) before we know what we're learning it for!! I bet many of us still
don't know!

A friend of mine - Ahmad Abdel Raziq is trying to change things in the
education sector through public speaking, with the aim of getting children
to realise their inate potential (their "gift") before selecting a career
choice. Another, Jonathan Marshall is instigating changes through a
pre-school franchise (seeking VC funding at the moment).

It seems many people have recognised a problem! And have various approaches
to changing things. I guess the thing I am aware of is we can't predict what
effect a "positive result" of these initiatives will have, and also we don't
know what positive results are being achieved by the current system. There's
a lot to think about.

Bec