This is what they've told me:
1) Extremely competitive: 2300 proposals for 350 panels. Voting is done, now
the staff and advisory board are reviewing and reviewing ideas. They will be
looking at things like the comments made to assess how good the panel is (as
we speak)

2) October 19: About 80 sessions will be posted then. This represents one
quarter of the total. The rest will be announced in November and December.

I got some pretty detailed feedback from one of the organisers on what he
thinks of my topic which was something I appreciated. But other than that,
that's all I know.

Elias Bizannes
http://eliasbizannes.com