On Dec 4, 10:55 am, Geoff McQueen - Hiive Systems
<geoff.mcqu...@hiivesystems.com> wrote:
> This is the only thing remotely similar to TechStars that I've heard of in
> AU:http://www.sshed.com.au/
>
> I've heard very good reports about these guys, particularly Craig Doyle.
> While it isn't the "we'll invest in your idea and mentor you" like Techstars
> or Y-Combinator and the handful of others (mostly in the US), it does provide
> support and mentoring for what looks like pretty reasonable rates (since
> you're also getting an office).
>
> It would be great to see something like Techstars get going down under, but
> AFAIK, it just doesn't exist yet.

Thanks Geoff,

I will look into that. The list of mentors in TechStars is also worth
mentioning too, there's some good names in there.  :-o The mentors are
people that have built their startup from the ground up, not just
someone that has a degree but haven't been there before. I think it's
more important for me to be mentored by someone like that. :-D

Cheers.

--
http://jobs.scrum8.com | http://twitter.com/scrum8