Hi all!

My name is Dexter Duncan and working as Marketing/Biz Development for
a couple of start-ups.    Born and raised in Texas, I moved to Silicon
Valley and got a dose of the atmosphere before moving to Singapore.
I am a millionaire in the kids department (have four! with each having
triple citizenships).   I have been in Sydney since 1996 and really
believe that we need to develop a technology based eco-system so we
can harness the Aussie ingenuity by creating several new companies.

   First start-up was a few years ago after second baby was born.
It was a boot strap project that ran out of money.    Now involved in
a cloud computing start-up and an IT/SW/Consultancy company.    The
cloud computing company is called Manjrasoft (www.manjrasoft.com) and
we recently got some pre-seed funding.   We have developed some
middleware (called Aneka) allowing developers to harness computers for
compute/data intensive applications.    Aneka supports multiple
programming models, including thread, task and MapReduce, but the real
key is support for QoS based provisioning.

I have a cloud computing blog and some of the articles have been
published in Asia Pac technology magazines.   Blog is
http://texdexter.wordpress.com

The other company (www.empowerit.com.au) has successfully boot
strapped itself into a profitable business.  We have Job Management
software for construction and security companies and serve SME market
with software, consulting and services.    Looking to transform it
into a global business over the next few years.

I hope to catch up with you all sometime to continue building a
Silicon Beach in Australia.