Many of us get SB updates via email. It includes only the first 30ish
words. Want max. help from the SB community? Use 30 words or less*.

After that first block of 30 words, wax lyrical by all means. Toss on
about sylvan glades and fair maidens and routers all in a row, if you
must.

But before you do, think about why you're posting your request to SB:
you want the local startup community to help you out, and the first
step in getting many of us to help out is getting us to open the email
with the latest postings follow the link to what you've written.

We won't do that if we're busy as a one-legged man in an arse-kicking
contest the day we get the email with your post in it, especially if
you haven't made it clear what it is you need and why. You're
competing with the rest of my email inbox, task list, screaming child,
ringing mobile and ever-growing second mortgage for attention. Make
the most of the nanosecond you get and squeeze off a compressed burst
of amazingness, scaryness, factage or a desperate but concise plea for
help.

* At least, I think it's about 30 words (or about 200 chars). Give or
take a few.