From: silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com
[mailto:silicon-beach-austra...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Kev
Sent: Sunday, 8 August 2010 2:13 AM
To: Silicon Beach Australia
Subject: [SiliconBeach] Re: Accepting USD Payments on Australian Business
Website

Sorry to dig up an old thread but wanted to share our experience.

With one of our products it is primarily subscription based and
targeted at the US market in large part. We too went exploring all the
options and came to similar conclusions as you folk with respect to
options.  We went down the NAB route and it was a bit of a hard slog
getting it through - literally took about 3 months - but the good news
is once it was set-up all has been running well, with acceptance of
$US Visa, Mastercard and Amex (set up separately).  A barrier to
selling to the international markets that obviously is not faced in
the USA.  It is a shame there is not more competition in this area.

It is not only the tech area that suffers.  I have a friend who has a
fashion business and buys and sells in Australia and in the Far East -
she is constantly struggling with payment options and often resorts to
just dealing in cash!!!

There really is a general opportunity for an AU bank to be start-up
friendly and aware - with provision of relevant products - they sure
would win my business.

Kevin