Hi Brian,

Another alternative is to use a dedicated business intelligence tool.

I have used BIRT (http://www.eclipse.org/birt/) but I can't recommend
it. Another free option is http://www.pentaho.com/ . It should be able
to use  large CSV files as datasource and it appears to have good data
mining.

Unfortunately most BI tools are just glorified reporting tools, but
good ones are designed to manipulate and investigate large datasets.

cheers,
Jeromy