I'm 100% in support of having a tech lobby group. I also believe that tax
system changes could be accomplished at some point in the future.

In the UK, they've managed to get 'tech' working for about 500+ years. There
has been a great co-working relationship between business and govt. The
number
of 'tech' things they've managed to export from the UK is just staggering.

In the US, they studied and copied the UK system. Then tweaked it in
many ways. In the US, the angel investor 'culture' is almost like a social
security system for tech workers. It's that good.. both for workers and
those
who run and profit from it.

We don't have the same system here. Our system is still the same system
that was unloaded from the boats in the 18th century. Technology is brought
in from overseas and then adapted to suit.

Without "lobbying" or "education".. nothing will change..

When I was in Germany on my last trip there drinking and selling I got told
beer story of how in the UK they decided to not use any German software on
some public infastructure system.

I think the British had various concerns about perhaps not understanding the
code or some such thing.

Anyway, the ban was all good and looked like working.

Until that was, all the German contractors got together and decided 'embed'
code in the triggers of the database that had the effect of disabling the
system. The System didn't work for around six weeks.

Not long after.. German companies were back on the team again..

I just admire their fortitude and ability to work together..

"Lobbying" to improve things - I'm all for it.

David