Their tweet stream suggests the winner was announced in June 2010:
http://twitter.com/#!/apps4nsw
I think the competition was launched in about December 2009.  Their
heart's in the right place.

Coincidentally the CTO behind NuMaps lives near me and I remember him
saying the announcement was timed around the minister's availability.