Leaving aside David's behavior, I disagree with this anyway.

I come here for excellent threads like the ones discussing options, or
to hear about what's going on in specific startups in Australia. I'm
interested in the viewpoints of many people in the local startup scene
on startups even when I disagree with approximately 75% of what
they're saying.

What I'm not interested in is wading through a sci/tech news
aggregator where anything faintly tech-connected gets a mention, or an
generalized opinion group about how the Australian government should
be run.

JMO but there are only so many hours in the day and there are plenty
of other places to do those other things, but not too many places to
read about/discuss Australian tech startups.

Geoff.