My company runs what is essentially the IT journalist online community.

If your looking to do PR cheaply, you should absolutely sign up to our
PRWire service. Its absolutely free and it puts your press release into our
ITJourno portal, as well as onto prwire.com.au which is Google News indexed.

If you have an event like Startmate that press are invited to, you're also
welcome to email our journalist Allie Coyne al...@mediaconnect.com.au who
writes up every Monday a list of upcoming media events, press conferences,
etc. Again free of charge.

phil

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Jonathan Clarke
<clarke.jonat...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Yesterday I noticed that there were a few Australian journalists a bit
> miffed at not being invited to the #startmate event yesterday on
> Twitter.  Is there a known mailing list for organisations floating
> around for PR purposes in Australia, especially in relation to
> startups?
>
> Add your contact details below to spread amongst the community.
>

> https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnWUxomtv0QgdDI4WU5sUGZyNmdwOFB1TmRGLWYzbXc&hl=en&authkey=COWblJIN
>
> Deal Pinch got a rather large amount of attention in the US media last
> weekend, however very little / no attention in the Australian media.
> Hopefully this effort will allow other startups to be on their radar
> too.
>
> All the best,
>
> Jonathan

> Guidelines on discussion:
> http://groups.google.com/group/silicon-beach-australia/msg/351e183e1303508d?hl=en%3Fhl%3Den
>
> No lurkers! It is expected that you introduce yourself.

Phil Sim
Chief Executive Officer,
MediaConnect Australia Pty Ltd
www.mediaconnect.com.au