Thanks for all the suggestions!

Have already contacted a bunch of people and am organising coffees as
we speak.

Great to see us teasing out a list of Aussies in NY.

@Matthew Ho - Don't have a lot of experience in the Valley but the
thing about NY is that there's a massive amount of resources and
motivation here that, when focused on a particular industry, can
achieve amazing things. Remember, it's the capital of the world we're
talking about here!

The combination of the GFC pulling talented business/design ppl away
from Finance/Advertising, the rise of Brooklyn as a tech startup hub
(was there on the weekend and was shocked at the number of startup
related conversation I overheard), the high profile of NY-based Fred
Wilson as one of the most well-liked/respected investors in the tech
startup world,  NY-based startups founded by successful serial
entrepreneurs who no longer feel compelled to move over to the valley,
the general frothiness in the startup industry etc. have all created
this perfect storm of events which has suddenly reinvigorated Silicon
Alley.

There are a bunch of other things - definitely worth checking out
Justin's post on Delimiter -
http://delimiter.com.au/2011/01/28/an-australian-developer-in-new-york/
- sums up the culture here well.

@Mick - will drop you an email, but might wait for the after-paddle
coffee to chat with these guys. Do you know how cold it is in the
Hudson ATM???

@Kate @alex - thanks for the suggestions have started reaching out

@Alan - yeah, shame about Nick. Was first on my list but a recent blog
post said he'd moved to Darwin!