Hi All,

I am heading along to the Startup Weekend happening on the 24-26th, I
am really looking forward to the experience. I am a follower of the
lean startup movement (Eric Ries) and customer development (Steve
Blank), however I am not a practitioner, yet. I've rather foolishly
been waiting for the perfect idea to come along, now I am thinking a
good idea + the right people and the right method might be the way to
go.

Will anyone on the list be heading along next weekend?

Signing up for the Startup Weekend made me aware that there is a
bigger entrepreneurship community here in Sydney than I realised, so I
started searching for more groups to join to hopefully take part in
that community, so here I am. I see that the rules for this group
include "no lurkers" so this can double as my introduction post.

So hi everyone, my name is Richard. I have an undergrad in IT and I am
currently completing a M.Commerce to broaden my business knowledge. I
have been a programmer for several years, working for a professional
development company for 18 months and then on projects of my own.
Generally comfortable with PHP/MySQL and the C#/.NET technologies as
well as front end stuff.

Cheers,
Richard